Attorney General Eric Schneiderman’s office says it will appeal the aspects of the SAFE Act that were struck down by a federal judge earlier this week.

U.S. District Court Judge William Strekny upheld most of the controversial gun control law save for the provision that would limit seven bullets to a magazine.

In a statement, Schneiderman spokesman Matt Mittenthal said the remaining challenges to the law — a coalition of gun control groups as expected on Friday filed a notice of appeal — in the Court of Appeals.

“We will vigorously defend New York’s SAFE Act in the Court of Appeals. This week’s decision upheld most of New York’s SAFE ACT, and we will forcefully defend that ruling and appeal those parts of the decision that struck down portions of the law.”

Meanwhile, Senate IDC Leader Jeff Klein once again blasted New York State Rifle and Pistol Association Director Tom King for challenging the law in federal court.

“The courts have already spoken loud and clear in support of the SAFE Act’s reforms,” Klein said. “Filing appeals is every citizen’s right, but it’s high time Tom King stop this ridiculous fight against sensible gun control laws and start supporting meaningful ways of reducing gun violence in New York.”