Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita in a statement on Monday said no one, to his knowledge, threatened to quit the Moreland Commission To Investigate Public Corruption over concerns of gubernatorial involvement.

Sedita, in his statement, said the commission wouldn’t stand for any interference from the governor’s office and resignation was discussed as possibility.

But after the governor’s office agreed to not interfere with the work of the panel, the resignation talk stopped.

“In the summer of 2013, rumors began to circulate that members of the Governor’s Office sought to veto the issuance of subpoenas for those with political ties to him,” Sedita said. “Although we recognized our statutory duty to regularly report to the Governor and to the Attorney General, we would not stand for any interference, and discussed a number of options, including resignation. The Governor’s Office, through our commission chairs, agreed not to interfere with our work. No one, to my knowledge, threatened to resign.”

Cuomo commented publicly for the first time on The New York Times extensive report on the Moreland Commission that detailed his office’s efforts to direct or block subpoenas.

Cuomo insisted that while his office provide advice to the panel, it remained independent of his office.

Today included a parade of statements from commission members, starting with co-chairman Bill Fitzpatrick, who stressed the panel remained independent of the governor’s office.

The statement dovetails with similar comments made by Broome County DA Gerald Mollen, who told Gannett’s Albany bureau he never threatened to resign from the commission, contrary to what was reported in The New York Times.

Rockland County District Attorney Thomas Zugibe was also moved to comment on the Moreland mess despite declining to give any statements to the press last week.