Coming up this evening on Capital Tonight
- This election cycle, New York Republicans seem to have forgotten Ronald Reagan’s 11th commandment. There have been a few outright criticisms of each other, a couple bouts of praising Democratic Governor Andrew Cuomo, and a whole lot of just staying away from Cuomo’s Republican opponent, Rob Astorino. Now, Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin is calling on his fellow Republican legislators to show their support for the party’s nominee, with both public appearances and campaign contributions. We’ll talk to him about the situation.
- Also- New York state spends more per student than any other state in the country. So where does that money go? The Association of School Business Officials is out with a new report that follows the money from Albany to classrooms around the state. We’ll talk to NYSASBO’s Michael Borges about the findings.
- And the Insiders, Bob Bellafiore and Steve Greenberg, discuss the latest campaign ads, Governor Cuomo’s trip to Afghanistan, and much more.
- Last Night and What’s Ahead
- De Blasio: Not So Dangerous
- Not Exactly A Campaign Of Ideas
- Skelos Holding Out Hope For The IDC
- NRCC Knocks Eldridge As A ‘Partisan Politician’
- Haber’s First Ad Pledges To Back Women’s Agenda
- Full Show – 9.29.14
- Maloney Counters With A Veteran Ad Of His Own
- Democrats Charge Astorino With Pay To Play