Coming up this evening on Capital Tonight
- Today the legislature votes on whether to reappoint members of the Board of Regents. And it’s expected to be close in light of the controversy over Common Core. The board is under fire for a rollout many parents and teachers complains is too rushed. We’ll have the results of today’s vote, and discuss what the new standards mean outside the classroom when Business Council of NYS president Heather Briccetti joins us.
- Also- public campaign finance advocates will be joined by Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver today. They’ve been fighting to keep the framework of a New York City-type system in the state budget. We’ll talk to CWA District 1 political director and Working Families Party co-chair Bob Master and Citizen Action’s Jess Wisneski about the latest efforts.
- And our insiders, Dave Catalfamo and Bruce Gyory, are in to talk politics and policy.
- The Insiders
- Continued Push For Public Campaign Financing
- Business Council President Explains Support For Common Core
- Schwartz Discusses Cuomo’s Stance On Common Core
- Lawmakers Vow To Take Up Common Core Changes
- Cuomo Hires GOP Consultant Del Percio
- Nassau Dem Chair To Gov Candidates: Reject Indy Party Line
- Skelos: Democrats Backed ‘Status Quo’
- How Will Common Core Change Future Regents Votes?