State of Politics LIVE
State of Politics LIVE is our morning webshow, where we deliver the latest of what’s going on in state politics. We typically broadcast Wednesdays and Fridays – follow us on Twitter to see if we’re having a show that day.
To view previous editions of State of Politics LIVE, click on the links below or search at twcnews.com. We do delete episodes older than three months from this page.
To see full versions of the interviews we highlight, click the “Interviews” button to the right on this page. And remember, complete coverage of the issues we discuss on SoP Live can be viewed on Capital Tonight, weeknights at 8pm and 11:30pm, ONLY on Time Warner Cable News. Also watch using the TWC News app, available for your smartphone or tablet.
– The DREAM Act passes the State Assembly, but does it have a chance in the Senate
– Governor Cuomo’s going to Cuba in April. Meanwhile, his new sexual assault policy isn’t being taken well by private colleges.
– Minority leaders in both chambers react to not being included in budget talks when IDC Leader Jeff Klein is.
– Plus, Gannett’s Jon Campbell breaks down the latest.
Feb. 11, 2015:
– Democrats and Republicans are clashing over ethics reform in the State Senate. Hear what they had to say.
– Will a new speaker bring new possibilities? We look at the future of MMA and the Women’s Equality Agenda.
– Plus, Ken Lovett from NY Daily News joins us to talk ethics reform and the latest.
***Episodes of State of Politics LIVE from October to January are currently unavailable. Please check back at a later time.***
Jan. 20, 2015:
– The Governor speaks on infrastructure in NYC – we have the details.
– Plus, a long question and answer session yesterday yields answers from the governor on a lot of interesting topics.
– Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News also breaks down the latest.
Jan. 15, 2015:
– We have the details on Gov. Cuomo’s new tax plan
– We also have Sen. Majority Leader Dean Skelos’ thoughts on the tax cap
– Plus, Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News joins us to talk the latest.
Jan. 14, 2015:
– Governor Cuomo unveils a new plan to combat high property taxes – we have the details.
– We also break down the future of casinos in the Southern Tier, the Women’s Equality Agenda, and Criminal Justice Reform.
– Plus, Gannett’s Jon Campbell talks casinos, 2015, and more.
Jan. 08, 2015:
– We have a wrap-up of the first day of session.
– We talked to IDC Leader Jeff Klein, Senate GOP Leader Dean Skelos, Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, Assembly Majority Leader Joe Morelle, and newly elected Assemblyman Charles Barron.
– Plus, Casey Seiler from the Albany Times Union gives analysis on the first day and what’s to come.
Jan. 07, 2015:
– It’s the first day of session. We had a preview.
– Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News joins us to talk about the start of session.
– Plus, we have more on GOP reaction on Chris Gibson’s retirement from Congress.
Dec. 16, 2014:
– Capital New York’s Jimmy Vielkind talks to us about a special session, Preet Bharara, and Kathy Hochul. Find out why.
– We have a look at the search for a new education commissioner
– Plus, find out what Republicans are saying about the next two election cycles.
Dec. 08, 2014:
– Capital New York’s Bill Mahoney joins us to talk about post-Election campaign finance.
– We have an update on workers who lost wages during the Buffalo snow storm last month.
– Plus, a Republican Senator says they’ll be blocking any significant police reform.
Dec. 05, 2014:
– We give you an update on Gov. Cuomo’s response to the Eric Garner Case.
– Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News is on to discuss.
– The Assembly is holding hearings on health care statewide.
– Former GOP Leader in that chamber Jim Tedisco comments about the current leadership.
Dec. 04, 2014:
– Eric Schneiderman’s already filed for 2018, see what he has to say about that.
– Assemblywoman Addie Russell also talks about her close win.
– Governor Cuomo responds to the Grand Jury decision in the Eric Garner case.
Nov. 25, 2014:
– Ken Lovett joins us to talk about a potential special legislative session.
– Governor Cuomo apologizes for his comments on the National Weather Service.
– Bob Duffy responds to ethical concerns of him joining the Rochester Business Alliance.
– Plus, we’ll address the rumor that Mark Grisanti is slated as the next DEC Commissioner and give you an update on casinos.
Nov. 24, 2014:
– Zack Fink joins us to talk about his column in City&State about the “unlikely alliance” between Governors Andrew Cuomo and Chris Christie.
– Governor Cuomo criticized the National Weather Service over the weekend. Find out what he said by watching at the link below.
Oct. 24, 2014:
– Alexis Grenell from City & State joins us to talk about her column on the Buffalo Jills and the Women’s Equality Party.
– Governor Cuomo gets a visit from Hillary Clinton the same day he puts out his new policy book.
– Meanwhile, Rob Astorino and Howie Hawkins want another debate.
– Plus, an anti-Mark Grisanti mailer is stirring up some controversy.