State of Politics LIVE
To view previous editions of State of Politics LIVE, click on the links below or search at twcnews.com. To see full versions of the interviews we highlight, click the “Interviews” tab above. And remember, complete coverage of the issues we discuss on SoP Live can be viewed on Capital Tonight, weeknights at 8pm and 11:30pm, ONLY on Time Warner Cable News. Also watch using the TWC News app, available for your smartphone or tablet.
Jan. 20, 2015:
- The Governor speaks on infrastructure in NYC – we have the details.
- Plus, a long question and answer session yesterday yields answers from the governor on a lot of interesting topics.
- Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News also breaks down the latest.
Jan. 15, 2015:
- We have the details on Gov. Cuomo’s new tax plan
- We also have Sen. Majority Leader Dean Skelos’ thoughts on the tax cap
- Plus, Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News joins us to talk the latest.
Jan. 14, 2015:
- Governor Cuomo unveils a new plan to combat high property taxes – we have the details.
- We also break down the future of casinos in the Southern Tier, the Women’s Equality Agenda, and Criminal Justice Reform.
- Plus, Gannett’s Jon Campbell talks casinos, 2015, and more.
Jan. 08, 2015:
- We have a wrap-up of the first day of session.
- We talked to IDC Leader Jeff Klein, Senate GOP Leader Dean Skelos, Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver, Assembly Majority Leader Joe Morelle, and newly elected Assemblyman Charles Barron.
- Plus, Casey Seiler from the Albany Times Union gives analysis on the first day and what’s to come.
Jan. 07, 2015:
- It’s the first day of session. We had a preview.
- Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News joins us to talk about the start of session.
- Plus, we have more on GOP reaction on Chris Gibson’s retirement from Congress.
Dec. 16, 2014:
- Capital New York’s Jimmy Vielkind talks to us about a special session, Preet Bharara, and Kathy Hochul. Find out why.
- We have a look at the search for a new education commissioner
- Plus, find out what Republicans are saying about the next two election cycles.
Dec. 08, 2014:
- Capital New York’s Bill Mahoney joins us to talk about post-Election campaign finance.
- We have an update on workers who lost wages during the Buffalo snow storm last month.
- Plus, a Republican Senator says they’ll be blocking any significant police reform.
Dec. 05, 2014:
- We give you an update on Gov. Cuomo’s response to the Eric Garner Case.
- Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News is on to discuss.
- The Assembly is holding hearings on health care statewide.
- Former GOP Leader in that chamber Jim Tedisco comments about the current leadership.
Dec. 04, 2014:
- Eric Schneiderman’s already filed for 2018, see what he has to say about that.
- Assemblywoman Addie Russell also talks about her close win.
- Governor Cuomo responds to the Grand Jury decision in the Eric Garner case.
Nov. 25, 2014:
- Ken Lovett joins us to talk about a potential special legislative session.
- Governor Cuomo apologizes for his comments on the National Weather Service.
- Bob Duffy responds to ethical concerns of him joining the Rochester Business Alliance.
- Plus, we’ll address the rumor that Mark Grisanti is slated as the next DEC Commissioner and give you an update on casinos.
Nov. 24, 2014:
- Zack Fink joins us to talk about his column in City&State about the “unlikely alliance” between Governors Andrew Cuomo and Chris Christie.
- Governor Cuomo criticized the National Weather Service over the weekend. Find out what he said by watching at the link below.
Oct. 24, 2014:
- Alexis Grenell from City & State joins us to talk about her column on the Buffalo Jills and the Women’s Equality Party.
- Governor Cuomo gets a visit from Hillary Clinton the same day he puts out his new policy book.
- Meanwhile, Rob Astorino and Howie Hawkins want another debate.
- Plus, an anti-Mark Grisanti mailer is stirring up some controversy.
Oct. 23, 2014:
- Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News reviews last night’s debate.
- Howie Hawkins is out with a new ad following that debate.
- We also had our own debate last night between candidates for the 19th Congressional District.
- Plus, Bloomberg is all in for Mark Grisanti.
Oct. 22, 2014:
- Laura Nahmias from Capital New York previews tonight’s gubernatorial debate and discusses the last two weeks of this election.
- Speaking of debates, our NY-19 debate is tonight at 7 p.m. in the Capital Region and Hudson Valley.
- The Governor’s debate will feature Howie Hawkins, who believes Cuomo will approve fracking if elected.
- And John Cahill wants to review changes made to the Rockefeller drug laws.
Oct. 21, 2014:
- Chris Smith from New York Magazine talks about his recent column on Gov. Cuomo
- Rob Astorino is calling for a flight ban to combat ebola, but some are calling his plan severe.
- Governor Cuomo shares his thoughts on a flight ban.
- Joe Biden visits NY for Cuomo and Dan Maffei
Oct. 20, 2014:
- We caught up with Rob Astorino Sunday. Hear what he had to say.
- We have a recap of Governor Cuomo’s trip to Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic
- Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News joins us to discuss.
- Plus, a look ahead to our NY-19 debate Wednesday.
Oct. 17, 2014:
- We have a recap of our 18th Congressional Debate.
- We also have the highlights from WMHT’s 19th Congressional Debate.
Oct. 7, 2014:
- Candidates for Comptroller have agreed to a debate on Time Warner Cable News.
- Astorino’s also agreed to a debate but isn’t happy with the terms.
- We have reaction from Siena College on their poll showing Senate Democrats at a disadvantage upstate and reaction from one of those Democrats.
- Plus, Ken Lovett from the NY Daily News breaks down the latest.
Oct. 6, 2014:
- Bill O’Reilly from the Rob Astorino campaign joins us to talk strategy.
- Bad news for Senate Democrats, according to a new Siena Poll.
- We also give you a look at this weekend’s Women’s Equality Bus Tour from the Cuomo campaign.
- Rob Astorino responds to that.
Oct. 2, 2014:
- Peter Kauffmann from the State Democratic Committee joins us to talk about this year’s elections.
- That includes Kathy Hochul’s new request calling on Chris Moss to release his tax returns.
- Chris Gibson and Sean Eldridge talk about the environment at SUNY New Paltz, but mostly just talk about each other.
- And we have the details on the William Scarborough arrest.
Sept. 30, 2014:
Sept. 29, 2014:
Sept. 25, 2014: