State of Politics LIVE
To view previous editions of State of Politics LIVE, click on the links below. To see full versions of the interviews we highlight, click the “Interviews” tab above. And remember, compelete coverage of the issues we discuss on SoP Live can be viewed on Capital Tonight, weeknights at 8pm and 11:30pm, ONLY on Time Warner Cable News.
July 3, 2014:
- Gannett’s Jon Campbell joins us to discuss this week’s political headlines.
- We recap last night’s edition of Capital Tonight, including Senator Mike Gianaris on the state Senate makeup and progressive advocates on what the Senate shakeup could mean for their issues.
- Plus, we take a look at what’s on this evening’s show – Congressional candidate in the 24th district John Katko and Ag and Markets Commissioner Richard Ball.
July 2, 2014:
- Capital New York Bureau Chief Jimmy Vielkind discusses the implications of the indictment against Senator Tom Libous.
- We catch up on last night’s edition of Capital Tonight, which included GOP Senator John DeFrancisco and education advocate Michael Rebell.
- And we preview tonight’s program featuring DSCC Chair Senator Mike Gianaris as well as a panel of progressive advocates who are hoping the IDC-Senate Dem agreement could help their cause.
June 13, 2014:
- NY1 statehouse reporter Zack Fink joins us to talk about the end of session, medical marijuana, and the potential candidacy for governor of Zephyr Teachout.
- We look back at last night’s interviews on Capital Tonight, including our conversation with the Working Families Party’s Austin Shafran about the minimum wage in NYS.
- And a preview of tonight’s show, which includes Common Cause’s Susan Lerner and the reporter roundtable.
June 10, 2014:
- New York Daily News Bureau Chief Ken Lovett discusses the situation in the state senate and the end of the legislative session.
- Last night’s edition of Capital Tonight featured Democratic Senators Terry Gipson and Ted O’Brien giving their case as to why Democrats int he senate would be good for upstate New York. We’ll take a look back at this interview.
- And we preview tonight’s show, which includes former Senate Majority Leader Joe Bruno.
May 29, 2014:
- Capital New York bureau chief Jimmy Vielkind joins us to talk about the Working Families Party, Governor Cuomo, and the rest of the headlines at the capitol.
- We take a look back at last night’s edition of Capital Tonight which included Senator Phil Boyle and Senator Jose Peralta.
- And tonight’s edition of Capital Tonight will feature Environmental Advocates’ Katherine Nadeau as well as the latest political news and analysis.