Speaking with reporters in New York City on Wednesday, Gov. Andrew Cuomo said he does not expect to be called as witness should any of the cases facing nine people charged in a sweeping pay-to-play corruption case go to trial.

At the same time, Cuomo said he had not been interviewed by law enforcement authorities, who moved last week to charge his former top aide Joe Percoco, SUNY Polytechnic chief Alain Kaloyeros and prominent upstate developers who have received state business for economic development programs.

Cuomo reiterated he plans to move the money his campaign received from those developers into a separate account as they could be subject to forfeiture action by prosecutors.

Still, Cuomo does not plan to stop receiving donations from contributors who may have or are seeking business from the state.

He also defended the way he raised campaign contributions from the developers implicated in the alleged schemes as well as a decision to segregate the money they gave — roughly $350,000 — until the case is resolved.

“You couldn’t win office,” Cuomo said. “Obviously, to take money from no one, would be the simplest way. It makes no sense to me to give the money back to the people who have been charged. Why would we want to enrich them?”

Comptroller Tom DiNapoli’s campaign announced he is returning the roughly $20,000 he received from donors tied to executives at COR Development and LP Ciminelli, while Attorney General Eric Schneiderman is giving the $15,000 he received to charity.