Gov. Andrew Cuomo in a radio interview on Friday agreed to a “moderated conversation” with his Republican opponent Marc Molinaro the following morning on WCBS 880 AM.

That idea was rejected by Molinaro less than an hour later in a subsequent interview with the station.

Cuomo so far has not agreed to a televised debate with Molinaro or accept one that includes the minor party candidates like Larry Sharpe of the Libertarians, the Green Party’s Howie Hawkins and Stephanie Miner, a Democrat mounting an independent bid for governor.

Cuomo pointed to the lack of a debate between Republican Gov. George Pataki and then-New York City Council Speaker Peter Vallone, who he called a more “credible” challenger than Molinaro.

At the same time, Cuomo insisted he did not a debate to be a forum the spread of “ultraconservative” views.

“There has to be a moderator who keeps the conversation relatively substantive rather than what has been happening which is the spewing of vile hatefulness,” Cuomo said.

Pressed for a Cuomo-and-Molinaro event on Saturday morning on the radio, Cuomo opened the door.

“I’ll be here tomorrow,” he said. “Monday I have a schedule.”

But Molinaro blasted that proposal given the lack of notice and unenviable time slot.

“Guys, give me a break. There are 20 million people in the state of New York,” he said. “On what planet does the incumbent governor get to dictate that voters come crawling to him at 8 o’clock on a Saturday morning.”

Molinaro proposed a weekday debate on television.

“Let’s get the TV cameras and the voters to participate,” he said. “People have lives tomorrow.”

Cuomo debated his general election opponents in 2010 and 2014. He also participated in a TV debate earlier this year with his Democratic primary opponent Cynthia Nixon.