From the Morning Memo:

Democratic congressional candidate Nate McMurray has had a turbulent week so far.

McMurray decided to attend the congressional orientation down in D.C. after a late invite from friendly Democratic members. However, by late Tuesday, he said the Republican-led Committee on House Administration had essentially rescinded the invitation.

With the support of his own party, the NY-27 candidate sought to keep things quiet while the two sides battled it out internally. Yesterday afternoon, he confirmed he was being blocked from participating in any joint events.

McMurray blamed the decision on his Republican opponent, with whom he is still battling over the outcome of the general election.

“I am very disappointed by Congressional Republicans catering to Chris Collins’ demands, who is under indictment on 11 felony counts and spent his campaign lying and hiding from his constituents,” McMurray said. “I came to D.C. to equip myself to hit the ground running and better serve the people of Western New York once the results are official.”

“It is shameful that Collins is continuing his efforts to diminish the will of the voters and call this race before all votes have been counted. As usual, he is actively undermining the future of this district and our country.”

The public reaction to his claims appeared to have helped McMurray’s cause, as he tweeted last night that he was back at orientation.

“We shamed Mr. Collins’ buddies (who tried to kick us out) into letting us back into orientation,” McMurray claimed. “What can I say? Never quit. And…#FightLikeHell.”

A spokesperson for the House Administration Committee told the New York Post McMurray was not initially invited because he had conceded the NY-27 race on election night, and the invitation has since been extended.

McMurray, who has since insisted that his emotional speech last Tuesday was not a concession, remains down several thousand votes to Collins, but believes he has begun closing the gap as absentee ballots are counted.